“The food is good, and I like the activities and seeing friends at the C. C. Café.”
- Health and Wellness
- Fall Prevention is Critical for Seniors
- Isolated Seniors Need Companionship
- Join Us for Lunch
- Seniors Stay Healthy with Good Nutrition
“I am excited to think that my small monthly donation makes someone smile and their hunger is satisfied.”
“The older generation has great lessons to teach all of us if we only take a moment to hear what they have to say.”
There are many ways to volunteer for MOWSOS!
- Become a volunteer driver and deliver meals to homebound seniors;
- Become a Friendly Visitor to a lonely senior;
- Work as an office volunteer at the office in Walnut Creek, or at a
- C. C. Café;
- Help at MOWSOS events and special projects throughout the year.
The Older Americans Act (OAA) is over three years late in being reauthorized. The OAA, a non-partisan issue which mandates funding for senior meals and other senior health programs, is critical to the fabric of our society. It helps seniors who are most in need receive services that enable them to remain independent and healthy for as long as possible.
Please join us, along with the National Association of Nutrition and Aging Services Programs (NANASP), and Meals on Wheels Association of America (MOWAA), and ask congress to reauthorize the OAA.
Contact your elected officials to let them know you want them to reauthorize the Older Americans Act legislation.