Meals on Wheels Outreach Associate
Meals on Wheels (MOW) provides nutritious meals and daily contact from a dedicated staff of volunteers. The MOW program supports independence while promoting the social, physical, and emotional well-being of seniors. The program consists of case management, administrative staff and volunteer drivers who deliver meals to home bound seniors on specified routes Monday through Friday.
Scope of Work:
The Meals on Wheels Outreach Associate is responsible for serving Meals on Wheels clients (seniors) in the field, maintain histories and record keeping for these clients
This is a part-time position that reports to the Meals on Wheels Program Specialist. The position is 30 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 2:30pm. The position will cover locations in Central and East Contra Costa County as well as the office located in Walnut Creek.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fulfill all duties as they relate to the program funding, including but not limited to:
- Assist clients within the entire funding area
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Maintain a current list of community resources
Maintain updated records (both written and electronic) on Meals on Wheels and care management work, including but not limited to, information, referral and progress notes. Interview prospective clients in their homes, prepare assessments and evaluations, determine if clients meet intake criteria and refer clients, as needed to other MOWSOS programs.
Act as a liaison to assist in the development of community resources, support projects of importance to families we serve, and maintain community accountability and visibility.
- Visit new Meals on Wheels (MOW) clients within 5 working days from client’s start date and deliver initial emergency pack (clients are visited every 90 days thereafter), complete monthly mandatory forms and reports.
- Visit each MOW client quarterly for reassessment visit.
- Update and maintain MOW client history after each visit.
- Maintain active lists of resources.
- Comply with all HIPPA regulations and mandated reporting procedures.
- Maintain good working relationship with County and City officials.
- Understanding of multiple client services in order to refer clients.
- Participate in outreach meetings as needed.
- Supply monthly reports to management regarding client outcome.
- Handles any referrals to other Meals on Wheels and Senior Outreach Services programs.
- Carry out the mission of Meals on Wheels and Senior Outreach Services with professionalism and integrity.
- Answers phone calls from clients and volunteer drivers.
- Delivers meals when needed.
- Attend agency meetings.
- This position requires the following:
- Knowledge of Contra Costa social services and resources.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Manual typing.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Experience reporting statistics and meeting deadlines.
- Collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Familiarity with computerized record keeping.
- Background check clearance.
- Clean driving record for 3 years.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Requires a smart phone.
- Access to internet at home, laptop will be provided.
- Must be able to pick up 25 lbs.
- Bi-lingual – Spanish a plus